Back in September I took some cuttings from my ceanothus tree, the latest of a long line of so-far futile attempts to propagate this shrub. The remains of the original trial group are kaput, no more, shuffled off this mortal coil, dead, permanently indisposed. That is not an unexpected result, they have been clinging on for dear life for a couple of months now.
The surviving, thriving even, cuttings are in a batch set up in a terracotta put which has been out in the cold frame over the winter. No sign of roots, and I’ve removed two stems which were looking iffy, but generally they are all looking tickety-boo four and half months later. I am hoping that once the spring kicks in these will root.
That’s all folks, I’ll be back in a few weeks with an update.