It has been cold and mucky, both the weather and frankly my respiratory system too. I am now feeling better, and yesterday at least it was a beautiful sunny day. Time for Six on Saturday – Six things, in the garden, on a Saturday. Could be anything – a flower, seedlings, a completed project, a plan, a tool or equipment, emerging growth – anything at all. Join in!
Here are my Six for this week.
1. Automatic vent openers – after almost a year of procrastinating I finally got around to fitting this, one of two I need to do, last weekend. I’m pleased to say that the vent had opened up as expected on what was a sunny afternoon here yesterday. The second one remains a job to do, the original manual openers are rusted in place, I need to drill out the screws.
2. Emerging allium. I don’t recall which of the five varieties I planted in this border. I assume it’s an allium rather than a stray tulip. Time will tell.
3. Mint. The new growth is coming through, I need to cut back the old. This mint plant was a raffle prize, if I remember right, it lives in a pot on the patio.
4. Oriental poppy. Beginning to perk up after a quiet winter, this and several like it were grown from seed last year. No flowers yet, I am hopeful for this year.
5. Aster ‘Little carlow’. Emerging new growth, looking a little nibbled. I’ll cut back the old stems fully in a month or so.
6. Nerine bulbs. Kindly sent to me a week or two back by Jim, of this parish. I must plant them out. I intended to do just that last week but I read they need plenty of grit for drainage – I need to get some. I also have to solve the problem of where to plant them. They may sulk, disliking being moved and mucked about with, so may not flower this year. I hope they get over themselves, I’m keen to have more autumn colour in the garden.
Those are my Six, what are yours? Join in! Just write your post, add a comment here with a link to your post, and maybe add a link back to this blog in yours. For more details, please see the brief participant’s guide.
Have a great weekend, don’t forget to check back in over the next day or two as more links are added. It was a record breaking week last week at 25 participants. Wonder if we can reach those dizzy heights again this week…
I’ll be back next week with another Six on Saturday.