I’m baaaack! In fact we came home a day early as the weather was a bit crap Devon way. Yesterday was spent tutting at the state of the garden. I mowed the lawn, which helped, but I’m really cheesed off with the bindweed, which this year seems especially rampant. I may also have overdone it with the whole growing things from seed thing this year. I just had too many small plants in a precarious and already neglected state when I went on hols. Now I just have dried out husks. I might go cold turkey next year and grow nothing from seed. Oh, and don’t get me started on the dahlias. Anyhow, enough whining, time for Six on Saturday. Six things, in the garden, on a Saturday. Could be anything, you decide. Join in!
Here are my Six for this week.
1. Osteospermum. Carefully nurtured through the winter in the greenhouse, these two survivors from last summer are bushing out and flowering nicely in one of my patio planters.
2. Phlox, purple. I bought this as a smallish plant last year, it didn’t get to more than 18 inches. Compact, I thought, nice. This year it is three feet tall and needs supporting.
3. Aster frikartii ‘Mönch’. I might need to move this, it is now largely hidden behind a very vigorous clump of cape figwort. Still, it flowers well and can be seen poking it’s nose above the surrounding foliage.
4. Verbascum ‘Snowy Spires’. Grown from seed last year, I think, I planted a couple in what looked briefly like gaps. Ha, not likely! No sign of the other one, but this one is flowering in a desperate last gasp attempt to propagate itself into a less crowded spot. Not in this garden, sunshine!
5. Allium ‘Summer Drummer’. Finally! Meh, I’m over them now. Height is the only thing they have going for them, like a lanky purple sensation.
6. Echinops. I really need to split this clump, it is taking over a bit.
Those are my Six for this week, what are yours? You know the drill, publish and pop a link below in the comments.
I’ll be back next weekend for another #SixOnSaturday.